Friday

Mr. Lipps Johnson

I finally completed this creature that I started several months ago and my wife has been calling it 'Mr. Lipps Johnson' so I decided, what the hell.
You can't clearly see all of the scale work that I've done in these pics but they look pretty good close up. I was going for a hard shell-like look. Mr. Lipps has club hands and feet and a gigantic set of lips. Size is 17" high x 14" wide x 13" deep and is free standing. I regret not taking any progressive pics of his development but I did shot a few shots of Lipps after my yellow base coat. I was experimenting with a couple of new materials and I decided to use them on this little guy.
I'm pleased with how he came together. And now I've got bigger plans for more pieces using the same techniques and materials. More on this later.